Friday, April 20, 2018

Grammarly: Catching the Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making

The Grammar Tool of the Future

Grammarly is a free program that you can download onto your computer and use with a multitude of programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, your internet browser, etc.  It catches common grammar mistakes that people make in writing.  I use it while composing thank you notes, emails, and professional letters, so I do not send something with a simple error that I did not catch when proofreading.

Check with Professors before Use on an Assignment

If you download Grammarly, and you plan on using it for Legal Writing assignments, make sure that you ask your professor if they allow the use of the tool on your assignments.  Some professors express that you cannot use any kind of grammar/spelling tool rather than the traditional "spell check".  Following the directions and regulations set forth by your professor is paramount.

There is a Premium Version

I myself only use the free Grammarly program, but there is a more advanced version that requires a subscription fee.  I have not felt much of a need to upgrade, but if you are not comfortable with your grammar skills, it might be worth it.

The Application Made Me a Conscientious Writer

After using Grammarly for a while, I started to catch some of the common mistakes that I made when writing.  I learned while working with Grammarly how to be a better proofreader for myself.  This is a way that can even help you practice your writing before you work on final papers or projects on which Grammarly is not permitted.

You Can Download It Easily and Quickly

In order to download Grammarly for your computer and its programs, follow this link:
Grammarly

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment