Saturday, June 9, 2018

Journaling: Putting Your Thoughts on Paper

Coming from my peers, I found that a lot of people are actually afraid to start journaling.  Some people did not want to put another "commitment" on their plate, some did not want to do it incorrectly, and some just couldn't  imagine putting their thoughts into words.


I personally find journaling very therapeutic.  If I am having an internal debate, sometimes I will write down the pros and cons circling around in my head and the visual aid will help me in making my decision.

No Right or Wrong

Journaling is one of the few places where there are no right or wrong answers.  I’ve come to enjoy this—there are not many places where this is the case.  In all parts of school, you are expected to produce a certain work product.  That isn’t the case here, your journal is for you and you alone.  Do what makes YOU happy.

I love letting my thoughts race freely from my head to the paper.  If a song is stuck in my head, that goes in my journal.  It’s freeing and fun, especially with all of the regulations in legal writing.  Let your journal reflect you.

Be-You-tiful

I’m not one for sharing my journal, so I can put anything and everything down on paper.  Yes, I guard my journal with a fervor.  But, it’s like protecting my inner-most thoughts.  There is nothing with having some personal boundaries.  You need a space of your own, and it’s okay if your journal is yours.  And, there is no need for a fancy, leather-bound book.  You can have a small notepad with paper covers.  It’s all you.

Feel happy and free. Enjoy your paper adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment